Sunday, November 12, 2006

There is no doubt he is James's son!











As some of you may remember, when I was pregnant with Jake I craved all of James's favorite foods, ie ketchup and chocolate milk, anything with chocolate syrup on it etc. Normally I detest ketchup (there are only a few things I will eat it on) and I have never liked chocolate milk. There have been several times when James and I joke that maybe they gave us the wrong baby at the hospital. Many strangers ask James and I where Jake got his hair color from. Jake is such a happy baby, nothing like me as an infant. James and I were both dark complected babies and Jake is so pale and perfect. I often think he is too beautiful to be my baby! I think he looks a lot like my mother and my sister as infants, and a little like James's sister as an infant. I do not see much of myself in him, but I do see a lot of James in him. Even my mom has pointed out things he does that are like his Daddy. He seems to have James's disposition and attitude (as well as his body build, feet, hands, ears, lips, nose). He is very easy going like his Daddy, gets very fussy and depressed when he is hungry or tired and seems to like the same foods. Jake has learned that Daddy's plate has the good food on it and Mama's plate has the healthy food on it, so he will circle James like a little vulture whenever he has food. There are a few exceptions. Jake loves graham crackers (unfortunatetly so do I). He will take a bite of one and then dance around going "Mmmm, Mmmm." As it is getting closer to the holidays we decided to get some egg nog-James LOVES eggnog. I do not like mixing alcohol and milk (I love milk, but I don't like mixing it with anything, even chocolate syrup) so I drink mine plain. I poured some in a cup and was preparing to enjoy it when Jake came along to see what I was doing. He was very forceful about wanting to try it and did a little dance afterwards. He loves eggnog, just like his Daddy. I only recently started liking it (when I was pregnant last year). I thought the pictures were hilarious. You can see how adament he was about drinking it.

No comments: