Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Mississippi Agriculture Museum in Jackson


No, we are not in Fulton. James had to sit his exam at the MS Ag Museum (in Sparkman Auditorium). After shopping during the morning test, Jake and I decided to walk around the outside exhibits during the last two hours of the afternoon test. It is strange, because after being sent as a chaperone on that fieldtrip to Parchmen (The State Prison) with our 7th grade trouble male trouble makers in Cleveland, I was struck by the similarities. The Ag Museum is like a small version of "the Farm." They even had prisoners working there. It was very creepy.

My old high school. You can even see some of my old teachers glaring out the windows. I think the one on the bottom looks just like Judith Franks (for all you IAHS alums).


Jake says, "YAWN! So, whats the big deal. I can eat paper and climb things too. My sunglasses are more interesting than this!"


Above, old fashioned air conditioning. Below, the state's first Wal-Mart.

Above, what Mississippians did before cows were invented. Below, isn't it funny how they have to label the vegetables so that Mississippians know what they are. I didn't see any labels on the pigs, or chickens.


Jake was so disinterested. He just chewed on his bib or sunglasses the whole time. I tried to get him to look at the animals, but he could care less. However, he loved Target (he gets that from me). He even wanted to sit in the buggy (normally he will only sit for 5 minutes and then I have to carry him and push the buggy). I think it was because the buggy was red.


Braille signs always crack me up. How do the blind people know where the signs are? This first sign, you could argue, they could find by holding on to the rail on the nature board walk. However, most of the signs were not on the rail. Most of them were like this second example... ...several feet away from the board walk and down in a ravine. A blind person would have to have very long arms to reach the signs, if they could tell where they were in the first place.

I think this was a monument to indoor plumbing, or something to that effect.


Jake was so glad to get out of there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judith Franks - HAHAHAH!!! That woman used to give me nightmares. I will never, ever take another accounting class because of her.