Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ready and Waiting


The baby, being a smart baby in the tradition of smart babies, has had the foresight to prepare presents for Jake and Mari to receive when they come meet him/her at the hospital. I ordered these "Big Brother"/"Big Sister" shirts, but had to make the one for the baby to wear when they come to see him/her for the first time. Okay, so I didn't HAVE to make anything, but I am bored and running out of things to do! The kids are also getting a book on being a big brother/big sister and I made them each a photo book with pictures from when they were newborns to try and ease them into the whole idea of what a baby is and to show them that they were once a baby as well. I gave them the photo books early as (a) they LOVE looking at pictures of themselves and (b) I figured it coulnd't help to prepare them as early as possible.


A close up of Jake's above, and a close up of the baby's below.


A close up of Mari's shirt above.

Went to my DR appointment today and everyone (and I do mean everyone from receptionists to nurses to my DR, to another DR I know and saw in the hall) were shocked and surprised to see me. I heard "I never thought I would see you today" too many times. My DR even chuckled a congrats and said told me I was in uncharted waters as I have never been this pregnant before. Still no idea why the baby hasn't come yet. My DR offered to induce me as EVERYTHING on my end is ready (dilated, effaced,etc) but I am a romantic and want the baby to choose its day. I am in perfect health so DR is okay with letting me go until March before we do any interventions. I have limited options with a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean), but she can break my water and give me a light dose of pitocin to try and get labor started since I have had a successful VBAC with Mari the risk of rupture with pitocin is diminished. We have all been sick for the last week and so I am actually glad the baby has not come as it would have been miserable to be in labor with the upper respiratory crap. James is still lingering with his, and I want him 100% better before exposure to the new baby. We are keeping the kids in isolation which is very hard, but I can't risk them getting sick at the moment. So my DR thinks I reach 40 weeks this Sunday, my due date (not based on the ultrasound, but other factors as James and I both traveled a lot the end of May, first of June and there are limited windows of conception for us if that makes sense) puts me at only 38 weeks and 2 days as of today, but still that is the longest I have ever been pregnant! My DR still doesn't think I will make it to March, and I have contractions every day for periods of time, but then they go away. Jake did that to me for 5 weeks though, so I know it means nothing much in the grand scheme of things. I am back to saying I will have a baby before our anniversary (March 8th). James keeps teasing me and telling me I should give up pregnancy for Lent.

No comments: