Saturday, June 06, 2009

Memorial Day trip to the Memphis Zoo

These first pictures turned out dark because we were inside the aquarium and I was using my phone to take pictures as it was raining when we arrived (didn't want to risk damaging my camara).

I love these pictures of James, Jake and Mari walking at the zoo. I realize that the first picture is from behind, but they just look so happy all holding hands and walking around together. It is so amazing the difference a year makes when your family is this young. Last year it was a lot harder to take them anywhere!

Jake and I briefly debated whether these were monkeys or gorillas and Mari promptly informed us they were doggies. Jake then asked what monkeys eat (at which point Mari screamed doggie--perhaps annoyed that Jake did not take her seriously). It is so funny watching their little minds in motion:)

With Mari everything is either a fish or a doggie. She is very sure of this fact and will not be convinced otherwise. Jake is interested in learning their different names, but is more interested in what they all eat. His "signature question" is what does (insert noun) eat? I can't complain because when I was little I asked "Where its Mama" about even inanimate objects (according to my parents as I obviously don't remember).

Since I was using my phone to take the pictures, I managed to get some of me and the kids.

These were taken at the birds and bees exhibit at the zoo. Unfortunately after Jake lured birds to one stick he attacked them with another so we left before any birds were seriously injured.

No comments: