Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fathers' Day

I forgot to take a single picture on fathers' day as we were blown away by some news we received that morning. We discovered early that morning that we might be having a baby this February. We were (and still are) in such a shock. My doctor called me back and told me to start taking the baby aspirin again (which we ideally would have started prior to planned conception) and my blood test yesterday put me at somewhere between 4-5 weeks. We have our first real appointment and ultrasound on July 8th. Hopefully it will be an uneventful pregnancy and I won't have anything to report anytime soon. My doctor seems to think as early as we found out the baby aspirin will still be effective. I am posting about the pregnancy here because I am excited and want to share it with those of you who look at this blog, however I would appreciate it no one makes any obvious mentions of it on Facebook as we are still trying to sort out some things (like school/work) and it is too early to make any real announcements yet (especially with our history). I am just trying to take it one day at a time at the moment. I am trying to finish my coursework for my summer school class which will be over by 5 p.m. Saturday. It is harder than I thought it was going to be seeing as I am exhausted and can't drink coffee to help me through it. Only other symptoms I am having are lightheadedness, extreme hunger, exhaustion, bladder pressure (which will go away for me in a few weeks, I know from past experience that it is from the unusual position of my uterus), my hair is falling out, my finger nails are brittle, my brain is fuzzy, I am highly emotional and my skin is breaking out. No morning sickness yet, so I am kind of nervous about that. However I had extreme morning sickness with my last miscarriage and almost none with Jake until I was about 8 weeks along. So who knows. Prayers are much appreciated. James is excited (in case you are wondering) and I go back and forth between denial, excitement and worry.

6 comments:

Chasing the Little Chunnsters said...

Keeping you in my thoughts!

Isla said...

Ugh, well we can now add morning sickness to the list.

Anne said...

You'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for you! Woohoo!!! I am excited! So maybe that's why you felt crappy a few days ago???

Miranda

Bethaud said...

Will be thinking about you, praying-and keeping everything crossed! Sending lots of love from up both.x

The Padens said...

I was behind on my blog reading! Congrats and I will be keeping you in my prayers. And sorry I asked you that on Facebook. Didn't know about not needing to mention it on there! Hope your dr. visit goes well today!