Monday, July 14, 2008

My Birthday Weekend!


Saturday was my birthday. James turned it into a "birthday weekend" for me by surprising me Friday night with flowers, margarita mix and a bottle of tequila! Saturday morning he let me sleep in with Jake (who gave me lots of sweet morning cuddles for my birthday) while he and Mari went down stairs to cook breakfast. Breakfast turned out to be a birthday cake! Not only is it the first cake James has made in the six years we have been celebrating my birthdays, but it was my favorite kind (of from a box cake)- chocolate with strawberry icing. For those of you observant people that know that I turned 27, not 25, it was a gesture of kindness on his part. I kept forgetting I was already 26 and thinking that this was my 26 birthday. I mentioned it was kind of depressing to learn that I was already 26 and not about to turn 26 and that I felt I was getting two years older instead of one. Last year I was so focused on Miss Mari and the pregnancy that my birthday just slipped by. So James was trying to make me feel better by turning the clock back two years! He is such a sweetie! I received lots of nice cards for my birthday, and had a very enjoyable meal with my parents (you can see the pictures on my Mom's Blog). My mother-in-law even called and sang me happy birthday. I got a camera tripod and we have been attempting to take a picture of the four of us, but as usual- Jake will not participate. Hopefully I will have one to post soon! Until then, here is one of him blowing out my candles for me. He isn't dressed because he just woke up. We let him have cake for breakfast that morning! All in all I had a very wonderful birthday weekend. I hope to turn 25 again next year!

No comments: