Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back from our visit with Dr Sheffield.


Here is a rare sight- Jake taking a nap. I feel like I really need one as well as they can be difficult to handle when I take them anywhere together, especially when we have to wait hours to see the doctor. Fortunately, our doctor is worth the drive and the wait. Our appointment was at 10:45 but we didn't get out of the office until 12:54. At one point Jake decided he was a peacock and started making a loud imitation of a peacock noise (they sound like a scream so you can see why he would be fascinated by them). When I told him to be a quiet peacock he pinched Mari. When I got on to him, he responded that he was a baby peacock and Mari was "baby bugs" and "baby birds eat bugs". While I was proud that he made the connection that peacocks are birds, Mari and I were less than thrilled by his baby peacock impersonation. It was a very long trip to say the least! He told the nurse that she was bad (she wanted to listen to his heart and lungs) and refused to open his mouth until they bribed him with a sucker. Mari cried every time she was out of my arms. I just hope they don't kick us off the airplane. I am pretty sure peacocks are not allowed in the cabin with the rest of the passengers.

The doctor recommended that we give Mari some diluted fruit juice once a day and that we start her on a sippy cup. Here she is trying to figure it out. Despite loving apple sauce she doesn't seem to be too sure about apple juice, but then again the only juice Jake likes in cranberry and OJ.


Here Mari has given up on the juice and decided to try and wake Jake up.

Well we've been to Amory and back. Dr Sheffield confirmed that both kids are cute, smart, healthy and a little on the cheeky side! Jake's stats stayed the same at around 30lbs (as expected) -they didn't measure his height as he was there only a month ago and was 37 inches tall then. Mari is now 20.5 lbs and 28 inches which places her around the 93rd percentile on height and weight for her age. Jake was around 100% plus or minus for his age range until he reached nine months and then it was only his height that stayed in the top fifth percentile. He has leveled out now and is around 66% on height and 50% on weight for his age. I knew Mari was working on a bottom front tooth, what I didn't know is that she has a bottom molar that may actually come through before the front tooth! That is why she has been scratching her ear as both ears were fine according to the doctor. So we have been given the all clear to move Mari to her own room and work on getting her to sleep through the night (she still wakes up once or twice). I can't believe how fast they are both growing up! Above are a few pictures I took when we got back a minute ago.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they grow up too fast!! I hope you have a great trip with the peacock and bug.