Monday, October 01, 2007

Progress on this house done over the weekend.


I took this picture when James was half way through so that everyone could see how atrocious the red color was and what a nice change the green made.
We put Mari's crib next to my side of the bed (next to the door to our bathroom). The portable crib is downstairs so that I don't have to carry her upstairs every time she fall asleep. It also has a changing table attachment so it will be nice to have all of that downstairs. Everything has been getting a make-over so that it is not quite Jake's anymore. This is the same crib that we used with Jake (it is sage green) that my parents got us. The crib skirt is the same one that we made to match the curtains in Jake's room, I think it and the white crib sheets are the only things that didn't change. I took the bees and the blue flower off Jake's mobile and let him play with them and re-crafted these butterflies (the were part of a princess wand) to put on the mobile. They were very tough to stitch as the material is very stiff (it's luminescent). My mom made the crib organizer, bumper and baby quilt. I bought the letters a few months ago when I bought all the material to redo the crib, and we waited to hang them after we painted. The butterflies are part of eight that I made over the past week to decorate her wall space with (Jake has bees).

The previous owners of the house left all the left over paint in one of the closets downstairs, so we were able to touch up his walls and then start hanging his letters and bee decorations from his own room (we thought if we waited and did it at the same time as we hung Mari's he wouldn't feel left out).

Here he is showing off his reorganized room and closet. We still have to hang a second shelf/ hanging bar above this one, but there is no hurry.


Here you can see where we have started hanging the wall art.

No comments: