Saturday, March 07, 2009

Ballard Park


Jake helps Mari get from the steps to the slide. Most of the time he is a really sweet big brother!






Jake was content to push Mari until another swing opened up.




Mari masters going down the slide by herself. We help her get to the top of the slide at our house, but she didn't waste much time figuring it out. I think Jake was more cautious than she is, I am pretty sure he did not go down the bigger slides (by himself) until he was a few months older than she is now.

The park is a good place for sighting airplanes as the runway is across the road. Depending on which direction the planes are heading/arriving they occasionally fly low right over the park. This was just a small plane, but we have seen the jet that connect to Memphis a few times as well. Jake is still awestruck with modes of transportation.



In the picture above James and the kids are watching the ducks eat some bread. When Jake saw this picture (he is sitting on the couch next to me looking at the pictures while I select them to upload), he pointed to the dot of sunlight above his and Mari's head (on James' chest/neck) and he told me that was love for Jake and Mari. Daddy loves Jake and Mari. It made me tear up, it was so sweet, especially the way he said it. They do have a wonderful father and I am glad they know he loves them!


Mari loves going up and down the steps and she finally gets the hang of going down the playground slide topside up (she does it properly at our house, I just think these were so much bigger it was daunting at first).

No comments: