Sunday, August 31, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy


This is currently my second home- Bowen Hall- home of the Political Science department at Mississippi State University (yes you read that correctly) which houses my Ph.D. program in Public Policy and Administration. The Graduate Assistant offices are on the third floor on the far left. Below I took some pictures from inside my office (cubicle) mainly so Jake could see where I work. I have a few more pictures of things at and around MSU that I need to post, but I have been insanely busy. This semester I am shadowing a section of American Politics (which means I have to attend the class, teach a few lectures for him and do basic things like take attendence), I am doing twenty hours of research each week for two different professors (one on Same-Sex Marriage Legislation in all 50 states, one on Transportation Policy), taking three classes which have weekly writing assignments and a combined reading load of at least 600 pages of academic reading (hard to comprehend, repetitive and sometimes very boring stuff) plus I am supposed to find time for my own research projects (one is due by the end of the semester for each class) which should result in three 25-page (minimum) research papers. Oh, and I am trying to find time to breathe, and spend time with James and the kids. I feel like I am treading water. I hope that I get a better handle on things soon. I am tempted to drop down to part time next year if I feel it is taking too much time away from other things (people) that I love. Don't get me wrong, I am thouroughly enjoying it- I just don't want to miss out on the lives of my kids either!


No comments: