Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Our Appointment Today!







Above are some of the 4D ultrasound pictures she gave us of Mari. We are still measuring a few weeks larger, which would put Mari somewhere between 3 and 4 lbs! However that is within normal limits (just larger than average) and so they assure me it is nothing to worry about. Also I passed each of the four parts of my three hour glucose tolerance test with flying colors. YEAH! I was so nervous since I failed the one hour one so badly. Apparently only 15% of the people who fail the one hour go on to fail the three hour and have gestational diabetes. The stuff I had to drink today was the equivalent of two 20 oz Coke's only it was supper concentrated and I had to drink it really fast. They did one blood draw before I drank it and one every hour after for three hours. It is the only true way to tell who has gestational diabetes. The one hour test is just a screening, not really a test for gestational diabetes. So anyway, glad it is all over and done with and that Mari and I seem to be doing fine. My blood pressure is great, my weight gain is fine. No more problems with pre-term labor so I just have to follow the same rules they gave me last Thursday night--no carrying Jake around in the grocery store, if the contractions get strong enough that I can feel them then lay down, etc.

7 comments:

Alison said...

The photos are amazing. She is just precious. Glad the test went well as well. xxMumxx

Kate said...

These pictures are awesome! Very cool!

Kelly said...

Great pictures! I missed having the 4D done this time. We couldn't afford it this time. We did have one with Madison. It's amazing how clear they are! I'm glad everything is going well for you and Mari!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty girl!!! Congrats!

Cat

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that sugar test is horrible! I had to do it twice. I am so scared of needles I got sick the first time half way through it, and had to come back the next day! Yuck Yuck...
Glad you and Mari are doing well! She will be here before you know it..

Anonymous said...

WOW! 4D is so cool to look at!!! I failed my one hour test thingy too! But where I went I was there for 5 hourson the second round!! That stuff they make you drink is SO HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Glad everything is going well!!

W W McLean said...

I've never seen anything like it. Take care. Love to all