Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bad Mommy!


While I was on the phone with the Gas Company trying to figure out why their direct payment didn't go through (they had my bank account number wrong--they copied it off my check wrong!!), Jake got into my lunch box. He loves oranges, but he can't figure out how to peel them. When he finds one (I try to keep them out of reach) he just bites on the outside. He likes the way the peel tastes (so do I , but I don't eat it because on cleanliness issues). So, before I could take it and peel it for him he spits up (he does this STILL from the reflux) small pieces of peel (he was in no way choking). I clean him up and put my lunch box up. In the few seconds that I was in the kitchen putting things away and washing my hand he managed to get into this piece of Dove Dark chocolate. It had also been in my lunch box, and he managed to sneak it away somewhere when I took the lunch container away. I was horrified when I came around the corner and saw him. We don't really give Jake much chocolate or really candy at all. Occasionally I will break of a tiny piece of dark chocolate (if I am eating it) and give it to him, but that has only been since January. I googled caffeine amounts and serving sizes and he should be fine. He didn't even manage to consume one fourth of the piece and a serving size is five of them. A serving of dark chocolate has the same amount of caffeine as decaf coffee. But now I am hungry. Yes, even after cleaning up orange milk vomit. After I cleaned the chocolate off Jake he smells like a dark chocolate orange. That is my absolute favorite type of candy in the world!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Haha that is too funny and he is too cute. Even with all that chocolate! I hate it when that happens!

Alison said...

He's a cute wee monkey.

Kate said...

Funny! At least he got to enjoy himself!