Tuesday, November 27, 2007

News Flash--Nine pound baby crashes brothers birthday party!


Baby Mari, born Marion Ruth Carr, arrived at around 11:30 pm on Saturday, November 24th, just 30 minutes shy of her big brother Jake's second birthday. Needless to say, plans for his party that were scheduled for 4:30 pm that Sunday, were quickly rescheduled to 2 pm the following Sunday, December 2, 2007.
It was a long but successful labor (no c-section for me this time) and I will write about it later. She is 9lbs and 3.2 oz! Luckily, I didn't know that before hand! Everything went beautifully and she was delivered by Dr. Chaney on his birthday.
Mari, James and Jake are actually all taking a nap so I thought I would formally announce her now and then try to take a nap myself. My mom has some great pictures of us all on her blog (just click the link) as well as some amazing videos. So far Mari looks just like her daddy! I will try to post his baby picture as well so you can see what I mean!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats! Glad you and Mari and resting at home. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Kelly said...

I'm glad everything went well. Did you have a better experience this time? How did you like things at Amory? Congratulations on the new addition! She's a cutie! And she's almost the same size as Rylie - and she's 2 months old! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your VBAC!! Can't wait to hear the whole story!