Thursday, July 12, 2007

Today is my 26th Birthday!

Yes, so today I am officially a year older than James for 8 whole months until he turns 26. He never lets me live it down. It was over a month after we started dating that I discovered he was younger than me. I had asked a friend about him and she got him and his older brother John confused and so for a whole month I thought he was three years older than me. I never thought I would end up with a younger guy!

Yesterday I had a doctor appointment. I am on rotation during the middle part of the pregnancy so that I get to meet all of the doctors. I like this system much better than the one I had with Jake in Tupelo, because I get to meet everybody that way I actually no the person who delivers the baby. I had never met the doctor that delivered Jake until I was over halfway done with labor and it was not a nice encounter. I talked to him later the next day and he was okay then, it is just kind of hard to carry on a serious conversation when people are yelling at you and you are in pain! Not the ideal time to meet new people either! The doctor I met yesterday was a nice guy but I wouldn't want him for my doctor (Dr. Otey). He didn't seem very pro-VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) and doctor Lacy (my doctor) and doctor Chaney (the head doctor) seemed much more supportive. Dr Chaney actually told me he thinks it would be the best thing for me and the baby. I agree, so it in unerves me when other people try and push me to opt for an automatic repeat c-section. I have had one and, although I am not 100% sure, I doubt Dr. Otey has ever had one(being of the male persuasion) so I think I know what I don't want and what I do want! I was also in labor for 18 hours with Jake, 16 of which were not medicated (for pain) and about 6 of those were on pitocin (intensifies contractions). I am not scared of labor, I am terrified of another c-section. Anyway, everything else was great--babies heartbeat, uterine measurements, baby's movement. Mari actually kicked the doctor while he was trying to measure her (they press down on your stomach with a tape measure) and then she tried to hide when he was trying to get her heartrate. Next doctor up is Dr. Wood and I meet him in August. Also in August another doctor is joining the practice and she is also a woman (like my doctor, Dr. Lacy). This means I have a 1 in 3 chance of having a woman doctor on call when I go into labor. Of course just because she is woman doesn't mean I will like her. I can think of a lot of women I don't like:> and Dr. Chaney is a man and he seems really good! James is a man and I love him. Jake will be a man one day and it scares me to death!

As you can see we have been busy. This past month (June) we went to Natchez, Water Vally twice, Sardis and Fulton a few times. We had vacation bible school at church and we finished the Saltillo Business Directory magazine at work. I am constantly tired. They checked my iron and it is 37 , which is great for a pregnant woman, so the doctor thinks it has more to do with the physical complications of having a VERY ACTIVE 19 month old that doesn't like to sleep and getting pregnant 3 times in less than 8 months. Plus the emotional toil of the past year. I am just so lucky to have such a supportive family. I am so thankful that Jake is healthy and that we had no problems conceiving/having him. What we have been through the past year makes me value him even more. I think he will be a great big brother. He is already talking to Mari (he calls her Baboo). He puts his little face against my belly and sings to her! He also likes to rub my belly and poke her so that she makes my belly button pop in and out. He isn't too sure what to think of her kicking him though! Mari and Jake are our new entertainment. For over two years now we have been marveling at Jake, and now that you can see her move through my skin we sit around and watch her squirm and how she responds to different things. I know it sounds like we must be bored out of minds, but we don't have time to be bored. Maybe it is the sleep deprivation... Jake is working on his two year molars.

I am very happy about turning 26 and can't wait to see what this next year will bring. Maybe when I am 70 I can gets some sleep?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont feel bad im 2 years older than my hubby....I NEVER hear the end of it...old woman this old woman that!! hahaha happy birthday!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you were able to get some peace :o)

Good luck with the VBAC - I really hope it works out for you! I've heard that doctors can be royal pains about it, but really the risk is pretty small (depending on the type of incision you had). I think most doctors like doing C-sections because it is easier to plan!

Kelly said...

I wonder why he is so against VBAC? It's not like it's uncommon or anything. He's not one of my favorites there either.

Hope you had a good birthday!