Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Home with Jake









I have more pictures that I have been trying to attach for two days now, but perhaps there is a size limit or something. I will post these for now and post the others later, perhaps when Jake has gone to bed it will be easier. My last day teaching was the 24th of May and I graduated with my Masters degree from the Mississippi Teacher Corps program at the University of Mississippi (with a 4.0) on the 13th of May. I am taking the month of June off to reflect and spend time with Jake before seriously making other career decisions. My Scottish grandparents will be visiting from the 3rd-24th of June and my American grandparents as well as most of James' family will be over this weekend for Jake's Christening. He turned six months old last week (on the 25th), and it is amazing how much he has grown. He has clear likes and dislikes, is really intent on crawling and loves peek-a-boo. He has been laughing for some time now, but a few weeks ago he started making this clicking noise with his tongue and then started laughing at himself. It is the first thing he has done to make himself laugh. He is alot of work but he is more fun than anything. There is something so great about the way he smiles at me when he first wakes up in the morning or when I sing to him. I think my favorite thing that he does is snuggle up to me really close when he wants a cuddle. He is so soft and warm and he smells so good. He is a really good baby and I feel lucky to be his mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isla,

Congratulations on graduation! This must be a tremendous milestone, and I'm certainly proud of you for balancing a husband, new baby and work with school. The new pics of Jake are adorable (I know I'm terrible at emailing, etc., but I do check your blog frequently) - and I only find it mildly alarming that he was allowed to chill in his stroller unattended. Babies that cute get stolen. (Then again, maybe this is a DC thing...)

Wishing you the best and looking forward to the next blog!

Mere