Sunday, August 16, 2009

Carr Family Reunion

Jake loved riding this renovated golf cart! You can't see to well in the picture but I promise "Mr. Safety" is hanging on to the bar behind his seat!



Joan has coy (I think) in this pond that will actually come to the surface and "kiss" (nibble/suck) on your fingers if you touch the surface of the water.



















At one stage or another we have referred to Jake and Mari as "kicky squirmies" this is kicky squirminess in action.

These shots of the kids in action show why I am so tired after the reunion!





The hosts of the reunion where James' dad's first cousin Joan and her husband Danny. It was at their photography studio between Water Valley, Oxford and Batesville.

Jake playing with the table centerpiece.

Here are pictures from the Carr family reunion a few weeks ago. The Carr family motto translates to mean "late but in earnest" which is the most appropriate family motto I have ever heard. Of all those attending the reunion, James, Jake, Mari and I were the only people with the last name Carr to show up on time (and we ended up accidently being early because we were told the wrong time). Everybody else with the last name Carr was late:) The kids seemed to have a good time. They wanted to play outside most of the time and it was just to hot for me. It took me a few days to recover, but hopefully it will be the last family reunion I will ever attend while pregnant.

1 comment:

Song_of_Joy said...

Isla, I am descended from Martha Ann Carr, wife of John P. Boydston. I am interested in the Carr Family Reunion. Is it open to everyone? Please email me at psalm1611kjv@hotmail.com Thank you!
Carol