Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Baby Carr the Grand Finale (hopefully)


If all goes well this will be my LAST pregnancy! I was a little farther along than I thought and will be 8 weeks this Saturday. The baby's heartrate was 145 at 7 weeks and 7 weeks and 3 days gestation (Jakes was 155 at 6 weeks 5 days and Mari's was 133 at 6 weeks 5 days). Estimated due date from the ultrasound was February 21st. Jake and Mari both came before their due dates. According to those dates I will enter the second trimester the week I go back to work and enter the third the week of Jake and Mari's birthdays which is just two weeks before the close of the semester. Second trimester is the best time to be in school if I have to when pregnant! I am still sick and so far this pregnancy reminds me more of Jake's than any of the others. Aversions to meat, only want to eat carbs, I have already gained almost five pounds (from all the carbs I am sure). I am trying to adjust to a more healthy system of eating but it is already very different than my pregnancy with Mari, where eating healthy wasn't that difficult (I didn't have many aversions just cravings!). James is busy painting the house, but he promised he would quit in a little bit so we can go on a walk. I haven't walked at all since he was gone last week and I know that is probably part of the problem. You can't go from walking 5 miles 5 nights a week to nothing at all and expect not to change your eating habits and not gain weight!

No comments: