Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Trimming the Tree

Friday night we kicked off our personal family Christmas Holiday Season by selecting and trimming our tree. Friday was my final day of my classes for the semester (although I had to drive down Monday for my students final exam) and so we were really in a celebratory mood. Jake and I baked Christmas cookies, which you can see Mari eating above. Below Jake is partaking in his "Christmas chocolate" which is what he calls opening his advent calendar (it has a different shaped chocolate for every night).

We got a short tree this year. I put it on a table behind our couch as it was the only strategy I could figure out to keep it safe from Mari. We did something similar when Jake was the same age. As you can see Mari would rather eat ornaments than put them on the tree (I bought a bunch of safe shatterproof plastic balls which are the ones you see her with--so don't worry she wasn't in any danger). Jake enjoyed putting the ornaments on, but I later had to "redecorate" it as he put them all in one place.




No comments: