Friday, August 17, 2007

Why does it always do this when I am pregnant?

RECORD HEAT
8/15/2007 6:41:08 PM
Patsy Brumfield

Daily Journal reports


TUPELO - If you thought you were hot Wednesday, you were. Tupelo's top temperature was 107, exceeding the date's 1954 record of 102 by 5 degrees.


According to the National Weather Service, the temp moved to 107 at 3:53 p.m. marking Northeast Mississippi's sixth consecutive day above 100. The record is nine century-mark days in 1980 from July 10-18.


An excessive heat warning for most of North Mississippi was in effect until 8 p.m. Thursday with heat index readings - factoring in heat and humidity - at or above 110 through the warning.


Accuweather.com predicts a high of 102 to "feel like" 109. Health officials advise curtailing outdoor activities, drinking plenty of liquids and check on elderly neighbors.


The forecast calls for a slight drop in temperatures Friday through the weekend, but 100-degree days will be back Monday and Tuesday.



Appeared originally in the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, 8/16/2007, section A , page 1

When I was pregnant with Jake it didn't get cool until the week before he was born (he was born Nov 25th remember) and we had to scramble to repack the hospital bags while I was in labor because we didn't have the apropriate seasonal items. There are local reports of at least one person dying a day from the heat. Yesterday evening it was a 14 year old playing soccer in the evening (not even the hottest part of the day). It is so sad. I hope it makes more people take the heat advisory seriously. I personally have refused to take outdoor assignments during the hours the temp is above 90. At 8 AM this morning it is already 85 degrees and it hasn't been dropping below the 90s until well after we go to bed meaning we have not been on any walks this week. Until this morning, I had not been outside in my own backyard for two weeks now (except on the patio some mornings to feed Daisy). I retain around 4lbs a fluid between AM and PM and then I have to get up and go to the bathroom all night only to retain it again the next day! Yes I know I am complaining miserably, but it really can't be too bad because we are already talking about when we should aim for a third baby! I have learned my lesson about saying I will NEVER have another baby in November so maybe if I aim for November I will get to have one in March! Jake's birthday is 11-25-2005, Mari's anticipated due date (I really think this is the day she will come based on how things went with Jake) is 11-27-2007 so James said our next one needs to be 11-29-2009. Oh well, I am off to drink 4 lbs of water...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think we definitely picked the wrong time to be so pregnant! We went to the mall today and I was sweating the entire time. I can't handle this heat! Oh well, maybe it will cool off soon....